had to do some work, as a client’s e-commerce had gone bang, so we didn’t get as much done as I’d have liked. Add to this that my poor body is falling apart – the arthritis in my hands has really kicked in, and they hurt, and I can’t grip much. On Thursday night I dropped some heavy metal brackets on my left foot, and badly bruised two toes. On Friday I was rushing through the hall, tripped on something, and fell, taking my not inconsiderable weight on my knees, and bruising my arms very badly – my left arm is black and blue pretty much from wrist to shoulder. All a bit of an arse.
- Went back to Newlands Ave in the morning – Tony’s Textiles for another curtain pole, and we bought one for the dining room window, and some lovely red curtains. £8’s worth of veg in the greengrocer: red cabbage, aubergine, savoy cabbage, 8 big Braeburn apples, 1 cooking apple, ginger, green chillis, cauliflower, bag of spinach. Also got 2 steak pasties, ham and roast beef, and some pakoras for lunches this week – 7 quid, I think.
- Got a couple of bookcases built – the first one has gone in a dining room alcove, and has allowed me to unpack the last of the living room boxes and stack everything on the shelves.
- Transferred the televisual stuff off the hideous silver monstrosity (which has gone to someone via Hull Freegle), and stacked it all neatly on an old black hi-fi stand that was in the garage in Long Ashton. This has cleared a heap of space in the living room.
- Tidied all the remaining bits of Billy bookcases (we have about eight of them)
- Put an old white rug, which is in desparate need of cleaning, down on the living room floorboards – not yet enough room for our main lovely rug, but not long now
- identified all the bits of the red leather Poang chair and the coffee table – they can be assembled in the next day or two
- cooked four faggots (no, *not* that sort) that accompanied us with carrots, courgettes, mushrooms, onions, cider (no red wine in the house), for the freezer
- Pete cooked dinner last night for the first time since we moved in – dhal and rice, nice simple food.
Onward and upward – carpet fitted tomorrow, so we’ve had a busy day.