- a cat – Esk, to be precise
- two monitors, a 24″ Dell, and an 18″ NEC
- a very battered copy of a Yes, Minister paperback, lord knows why. Perhaps it’s waiting to be catalogued; I shall investigate
- a Microsoft Action Pack – oh the shame … in my defence, we are about to embark on some Perl work that has to go on a Windows server, but I do realise how bad it looks
- an empty tea glass, which contained some Chai. Time to go and get some more.
Don’t you think Bush looks tired?
pass it on … we can but hope
seen on swisstone‘s journal first, but it’s spreading …
done with iTunes on Mac (obviously 🙂
how many songs
9969, 74.74Gb. We still have literally hundreds of vinyl albums to rip.
sort by artist
first: 4 Non Blondes
sort by song title
first song: 13 – Lee Ritenour
last song: Zomby Woof – Frank Zappa
sort by time
shortest: Bright Noise – Daft, The Art of Noise (6 secs)
longest: Fred Frith and Jean-Pierre Drouet – Improvisations
sort by album
first: … And Then There Were Three – Genesis
last: Zeit – Tangering Dream
(lots of tracks with no album tag, mind)
first song that comes up on shuffle
Flying Cowboy – Blue Nile and Ricky Lee Jones
How many songs come up when you search for “death”?
How many songs come up when you search for “love”?
How many songs come up when you search for “fuck”?
please to remember that this is the house jukebox – anything dodgy can be laid at perlmonger‘s door!
floating around LJ – take the first sentence of the first posting of each month, and bung it in a list …
- it’s the December 1, so time to break out the default icon for the time of year.
- in between getting the new G5* ready for work on Monday, and getting the old G4 ready to go to [info]agc tomorrow, we nipped (or popped, ifyou prefer) to Costco to get a few bits and pieces, then over to Waitrose for a few more bits and pieces.
- the more I read about the appalling situation in New Orleans, the more depressed I become. This article from The Guardian gives some background into the lack of funding, and what seems to be deliberate and reckless disregard for the views of experts in the field.
- "Alleged bomb plotter claims two and a half years of interrogation under US and UK supervision in ‘ghost prisons’ abroad."
- Steve Bell’s cartoon in the Guardian today.
- we had nice plans for the weekend, including going to a hawking display at Tintern Abbey on the Sunday – it was our sixth wedding anniversary, and that seemed like a nice thing to do to celebrate the day.
- please, please – go and cast your vote today. If you don’t, then you have no right to complain about what we get.
- seen on landsmand‘s journal,
- right – as our ISP / co-lo provider appears to have died for the time being, and I’m bereft of most of the IRC channels I frequent, I have installed an MSN client [shudder].
- I’m sad to read that Ivan Noble has died.
- If you would not have met your significant other/spouse etc without the internet, post this sentence in your journal.