- cancelled Virgin Media phone and broadband, and BT phone, and ADSL
- done the change of address for British Gas (EDF can be done when we do the final reading)
- cancelled the direct debit for the water rates (we owe them £17)
- cancelled the Council Tax direct debit here (they owe us £75 – yay!) and informed Hull Council that we are moving in. £360 per year saving *there*, which is nice.
- organised phone and broadband from Karoo (the only supplier in Hull) – £43 per month, as opposed to the £125 we’re paying now for comms, although it’ll only be one line. Still, it has a fixed IP, and a 75Gb allowance, and unmetered overnight, so that’ll do the backups from the web servers without impinging. Maddeningly, you cannot put your KC phone number *anywhere* as advertising (including our own web site) without paying the business rate, which I think is execrable.
- Rented a big van for Monday, when we will take up as much stuff as we can – books, kitchen equipment, etc – and fit the catflaps, and so forth. Not bad – £70 from Enterprise for 2 days. And empty the self store unit, before they charge us another heap of money.
- Organised the lorry – 3.5 tonne with tail lift. £75 per day, for 2 days. Also not bad.
- Bought a dog cage for the junior cats to stay in while we pack and move, and for them to travel in. Iggy and Mustrum are booked into a cattery for 48 hours, as I suspect they’d simply leg it if they saw their life being packed into a lorry
- Completed the forms for post redirection, which I will take up to the post office today, with all the sundry pieces of paper they need for ID
Now then – what have I *forgotten* ?